Tuesday 17 November 2015

Value Range: Sainsbury's Design Studio - Own Label

Before designing I wanted to do some research into Sainsburys designs in the past. In the library their is a book which is literally Sainsbury's past designs, I felt this was a good place to get inspiration from.



The repeat pattern on the crispbread packaging caught my eye as it is a simple way to show the product without having to print images.


I liked the use of images to form a pattern, with the information following the lines of the food. 


There were a few different cereal box designs that really reflect the culture of the time. My eye was drawn to the far right one which uses an fine line illustrative style.




I liked the fish illustrations and how they overlap, I want to experiment with overlapping illustrations.

Simple illustrations and use of 2 colours to produce a design is something that I want to try as it would be cheaper to print. I also quite like using the glass as an outline on the right page, this could work as an idea - having the food in to form the outline and then text on the inside.



The thing that caught my eye here was the joining pattern on the greaseproof paper, it would be good to create packaging where the design links on to the next product as this would be more eye-catching and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment