Thursday 18 February 2016

Nestlé: Walnut Whip

I have decided to redesign the packaging for Walnut whips because they are one of the oldest Nestlé product and possibly have the worst packaging design out of the Nestlé confectionary range. After doing some online research into people's opinions of Walnut Whips it doesn't look good. Everyone has rated the product badly and the main reason seems to be the change in the recipe. Perhaps replacing a marshmellowy centre with a vanilla fondant was a bad idea.

I couldn't find Walnut Whips in any supermarkets with the other Nestlé products which didn't surprise me because I had never heard of them before (or at least the packaging has never shouted out to me). I managed to buy a box from Poundland, I guess this fits in with the reviews I have read about it being one of the least popular Nestlé products. 


I think the packaging is really boring, The swirly blue background I suppose is to represent the whipped chocolate. The packaging definitely doesn't stand out on a shelf. Once the box is opened there are 3 smaller packages inside which each contain a whip. I feel that this is an excessive amount of packaging and there must be an easier way to store the product which also looks a lot nicer. The whip itself looks fancy and delicate but the packaging doesn't do anything to present them nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment