Wednesday 2 March 2016

Secret 7: Research

I have decided to enter secret 7. I have chosen Tame Impala - The less I know the better, there are only a few days until the deadline so I want to make something relatively simple. I originally began thinking of loads of concepts and illustrations I could do but then decided to scrap it all, because I get the impression that secret 7 are more about visuals than concepts.



The song is about a boy finding out the girl he is in love with is seeing someone else. It
tells the story of a basketball player who gets his heart broken when the cheerleader he
loves starts hooking up with the team’s gorilla mascot (named Trevor). The video uses a
bright combination of colours and different visuals to depict the story and make the video
interesting to watch. 


Leif Podhajsky 
Leif Podhajsky is famous for his style of artwork and manipulation of images. He is the
man behind several Tame Impala album covers as well as designing for Bonobo and the
Foals to name a few. I really like his style and the affects he creates by repeating images,
this visual aesthetic is very appropriate for Tame Impala’s music and I want to create
something similar so that it is in keeping with the artist’s other works.












No comments:

Post a Comment