Monday 23 May 2016

Feathr: Evaluation

I decided to take part in Feathr because I wanted to develop my illustration skills and create a design that was more a piece of art. I had a clear idea of what I wanted to produce but I still found it useful to do research and experimentation before I began designing.

In the end I used black ink to produce two Dutch house themed wallpaper designs - one in colour and one black and white.

The brief was a nice change from computer based work as I found it taught me to slow down and be more patient as I am used to being able to CMD Z every mistake. I had to take my time and carefully plan out how I wanted everything before I began painting.

Overall I really enjoyed this brief, it was really nice to be able to step back from the screen and have some time to paint an outcome. Whilst I have painted elements for other briefs, this has been the only one where the outcome is solely my drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment