Monday 23 May 2016

Integrity Windows: Evaluation

The reason I chose Integrity Windows as a brief was because I wanted to get more experience designing for a client opposed to initiating briefs myself. This meant that I had to really consider what was appropriate for the client and how to best portray his company to the target market. I also felt it was important for me to complete briefs where the subject matter didn’t interest me, this put my design skills to the test as well as preparing me for industry where I am sure I will have to do jobs I have no interest in.

I wanted to create a visual identity which stood apart from its competitors, initial research into existing double glazing companies showed how poor the category’s branding was and this really spurred me on to create a conceptually led design. The challenge was to create a design which reassured the market and reflected the company’s trustworthy and reliable characteristics. I believe I have succeeded in creating a well thought out design as the logo presents an honest and trusting company as well as visually standing out from the competitions cluttered designs.

It has been really beneficial to undertake a brief for a client who will actually use the designs in real life. This has made me think about the design in the context of those who will be seeing it or interacting with it. It has also been useful because it has given me practice at communicating with clients, sending them work and clearly explaining my thought processes and design outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment