Monday 23 May 2016

Feel Good Drinks: Evaluation

I chose this brief because I wanted to have at least one beverage based design in my portfolio. The competition brief was set by YCN and was intentionally an open brief. I was attracted towards this because it meant I could tackle the project from more than one angle and explore my growing interest in advertising and promotion. I wanted to create a coherent campaign which would involve the redesign of bottles, a package and also a poster series.

This brief has taught me a lot about designing for a brand and working within guidelines to ensure that all designs are consistent. I have improved on my ability to create a clear visual identity which is in keeping with the brands beliefs, personality and ethos. This is something I was really keen to work on as I felt it would be an important and beneficial skill set when it came to working in industry.

With this brief I have found myself beginning to think more conceptually about the designs, how they work in context, what the context is and who it its the designs are aiming at.  I feel this begun to change how I approached briefs and the design process I carried out. I also found that information I learnt whilst reading for my dissertation has come into play. For example breaking the product category norm by packaging the bottles in a box opposed to a carton board belly band.

Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed this brief as I found the challenge of depicting a brand and its values to be a rewarding learning step.

No comments:

Post a Comment