Monday 23 May 2016

Value Range: Evaluation

This was a self initiated brief that I chose because I hate the basic range design and strongly believe that people’s negative perceptions of the food is down to its packaging. I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could create a design which was more aesthetically  pleasing but still recognisably a value product.

Originally I was going to just redesign the packaging but as I got more involved in the brief I began thinking about how it could be expanded into a campaign. This meant I was thinking a lot more about the packaging in context of how it will be promoted and this had a big impact on what products I chose to repackage.

In the end I created a concept for a new basics range called Sainsbury’s Savour, packaged all the ingredients for a roast which linked nicely with the promotional campaign aimed at ‘bringing the family together’.  As well as creating a secondary typographical based campaign aimed at promoting the Savour brand.

This was largest brief I did and probably the one I have learnt the most from. I have found that as I have progressed throughout the year, I kept developing and improving the Value Range designs conceptually. I have learnt a lot about creating a brand from scratch and really having to define who they are and what they are about. I have also learnt how this is implemented throughout every design to make the range clear and coherent.

Overall, I found this project extremely interesting because it was something that I felt quite passionately about. The main reason for doing this brief was to equip myself with the necessary skills for industry, I really wanted to be able to show that I am more than packaging design and that I have a real interest in the conceptual, idea generation side also. Since completing the project I feel a lot more confident in my abilities and my skill set is definitely a lot larger than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment