Monday 23 May 2016

Evaluation: Nestlé

I chose this brief because I wanted to take part in a Starpack competition brief; they are packaging based and this would help expand my packaging skill set. I decided to redesign the packaging for Walnut Whips with the aim of creating a more efficient and more appealing design.

This was the first brief where I’ve had to design packaging for food, this in itself taught me a lot as I had to consider packaging shape - what would be most protective and suitable as well as considering the physical appearance of the package.

I also developed my photography skills as this was the first project where I was really happy with the final photographs. I began considering the background more and framing the product to give it a stronger impact; simply adding a yellow background and walnuts really helped to bring the packaging to life. This got me thinking a lot more about photography and how I choose to present my work.

After entering the competition and receiving a commended award I decided to extend the project by creating an advertising campaign with the aim of bringing Walnut Whips back on the publics radar. I really enjoyed the challenge of coming up with a concept and exploring ways of showing it through different formats of advertising. This extension brought to light my interest in copy writing and with that expanded my skill set.

Overall this has been my favorite project as I have learnt so much. I approached this project with the mindset of going into industry which made me want to increase my skill set by thinking about more than just the packaging, and considering how the Walnut Whips would be promoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment