Wednesday 4 May 2016

Olivia's Deli: Cup and Cheese pattern


After the bag design turned out so well I have decided to copy a similar design for the paper coffee cups. I have ordered the illustrations in a large format around the name and information so that it is clear what they all are. I wanted the illustrations to be slightly bigger so that they would be clearer on the cup which has a smaller surface area. 


I will make the template for the cup tomorrow at uni where I can measure the exact sizes. However for now I have mocked it up on a psd version of the coffee cup, this works just as well to show the affect that I want to achieve. The design sticks with the black and white theme, with the illustrations adding an artistic and personal touch.


I've decided to create an extra wrap that we can print on Monday. Whilst the other one with all the illustrations on would be used to wrap bagels and baguettes, we wanted to create a separate wrap which could be used to package the cheese. It seemed only appropriate to create a similar pattern out of the cheese illustrations seeing as it is specifically for cheese. I have made the illustrations bigger than the last pattern I made because it will be more consistent with the bag and coffee cup design. I am now thinking that I will go back to the pattern I originally designed and make it less structured so that the illustrations don't stick so rigorously to the grid, making them bigger will also mean that they interlock and create a pattern which matches the other designs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment