Monday 23 May 2016

Autonomous. Co: Evaluation

This was the first of two live briefs as I felt it was important to work with ‘real people’. The clients were clear on the design they wanted so the brief was only 2 weeks long, however I learnt a lot in the process. The clients had some pretty big and impractical ideas, this meant that I had to think about practical (and more realistic) solutions and communicate and rationalise this with them; this was good experience in tactfully dealing with clients. In the way of skills, I learnt a lot about making GIF’s in photoshop - getting it right was the biggest challenge of the project but it was beneficial because it has given me a skill I didn’t previously have.

The final designs consisted of a logo, visual identity, GIF and Youtube banner. The design was pretty straight forward as they had a clear idea before they came to me. This was different from any project I have previously completed because I have always created the concept myself. In some ways it was good experience because I will have to just design things in industry with no say over the leading concept. However I found it hard because the outcome isn’t something I would have chosen and I feel that if I was in charge of the ideas behind the design it perhaps would have been slightly better or at least more conceptual.

Overall, I really enjoyed the brief and although it isn’t my proudest work I am happy that I was able to help someone who needed a brand identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment