Monday 23 May 2016

Ringtons Tea: Evaluation

I chose this brief because I wanted to create packaging for a FMCG such as tea, and I settled on Ringtons because I had never heard of it before but thought it had such an interesting history and such a boring package design. My aim was to update the Ringtons brand image so that it appealed to a modern audience whilst remaining true to its British history.

In the end I redesigned packaging for 4 flavours of tea, created advertisements for the products, as well as considering the brand image at points of interaction with customers, i.e ordering and door to door delivery. I found the brief extremely useful as it got me thinking about the bigger picture and how the brand image can be applied coherently across a range of different designs.

Another reason for choosing this brief was because I wanted experience at designing one packaging concept but applying it to a range of flavours. In the past I have only ever designed stand alone packages so I thought it would be beneficial for me to challenge myself now and gain an understanding before entering the industry.

In the end I feel I successfully updated the brand image  whilst retaining a British element. This project has given me a better understanding of how to develop a brand identity that expresses its personality and history, as well as how and where it can be appropriately applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment