Tuesday 12 April 2016

Ringtons Tea: Redesigning the Logo


This is the Ringtons logo, whilst it has served the company well it does look dated. I want to update the logo so that it still resembles the culture and history of the brand but is more appropriate for today. 


On one of their buildings had this beautiful old type from the 1920's. I want to use this as a starting point and see how it develops. The font is much more delicate and gentle than the current logo, I feel this is more reflective of the brand and their high quality tea. Using this type also brings the history of the product back into the packaging - making it part of the visual identity of the brand. 


I traced around the type and filled in the gaps myself.


Already the logo looks better, the type has a historical aesthetic whist still being appropriate for 21st century packaging. 


Hagin Caps Medium is the secondary font used for Truly British Tea. The font is in keeping with the Ringtons name. 
Experimenting with introducing the horse and carriage into the logo. I don't know whether the horse looks better underneath the logo rather than on top, I will develop both further and see how it looks on the packaging.

The logo fits nicely into the Golden Ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment