Friday 22 April 2016

Time Management: Where I am, What to do

Value Range:
•book photography
•think about how to place products - do sketches or something.
• measure Sainsbury's packaging.

Designs are done! now I need to measure up the bags and see what size the designs need to be, although I may do this next week after I have bought all the food for the photoshoot. I am hoping I can do a photoshoot Friday before meeting Daisy in the evening? but I will just wait and see what time she is free before booking a photography slot.  

I have an idea for a campaign to launch the new ranges design which I can begin to put together after I have the photographs.

Ringtons Tea: 
• check all designs are the same 
• experiment more with colours
• put 4th side together

I have three sides of the box sorted, I need to go over the layouts and check that everything lines up. I also want to play around with the colours slightly to see if I can get them all to work better together. I still need to put the back design together - this will be the ingredients and I also want to add about fairtrade as this will be a big seller to the target market.

I also need to start thinking about a campaign or a way of promoting the product range - at the moment I am thinking about something cut out of paper and photographed around the boxes. I think it would suit the style of the packaging as well as re-emphasising the hand made craft and effort that goes into their personal service.

Feathr: 
• draw up houses
• ink outline them and scan them in

I have come up with an idea of painting dutch houses and turning it into a repeat pattern. I really love Dutch architecture as it has so much character. I have currently only begun practicing a few rough paintings using ink to get used to it. Next week I need to draw out the houses and get a rough outline, I think I want to paint an outline in black ink first and scan them in before colouring them so that I can always create a black and white alternative. 

Cosmetic:
• look for PSD mock up image to use
• research into potential charities to design for - would there be live charity briefs?

I am yet to find a cosmetic brand to redesign for - my main concern is just the cost of having to buy all the makeup. I am going to look online to see if there is a psd mock up image that I could use instead of actually making all the packages and photographing them myself. This would free up a lot of time and mean I can spend more time on other briefs. 

The other idea I've had is to change the brief completely and do something charity based? This would be interesting and could be a campaign with a bit more meaning behind it than a make up brand. 

Olivia's Deli:
 begin looking into packaging to design
• menu boards and take away menus/ some form of information

This week we have worked on creating hand rendered iconography that we can use on the range of packaging as well as promotional material and things like menus. I have worked on putting the designs into a pattern for the deli wrap whilst nessa has been perfecting the logo. We need to begin exploring packaging options and consider if we need to screen print anything.


By the end of next week (29th) I should be close to finishing Ringtons, Value Range and Feathr with only the campaigns left to design. Hopefully the work will all be photographed before meeting Daisy later in the day as it would be good to get her feedback on current projects which I can still amend. I also want to submit the Feathr brief by Monday the 2nd, that'll mean I'll have 9 briefs completed by the beginning of May with only a few more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment